The ATTO FibreConnect™ 1600 series of 16Gb/s Fibre Channel switches provide flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-level functionality for small to mid-range SANs to enable high performance and low latency collaborative workflows. Available in 12-port configurations with a 12-port expansion to extend your switch to 24 ports along with an optional dual power supply. FibreConnect switches are an affordable solution for consolidating storage on a SAN, which increases productivity and allows multiple users to more efficiently share media resources.
The FibreConnect 1600 switches are the perfect complement to ATTO`s 16Gb/s Celerity Fibre Channel single, dual and quad-channel host bus adapters. With FibreConnect and Celerity, ATTO offers media and entertainment and general IT users a high performance, completely scalable end-to-end SAN connectivity solution.
The FibreConnect™ 1600 switches are easy to deploy, manage and integrate into both new and existing SANs while delivering exceptional performance and functionality. These switches combine auto-sensing 2, 4, 8, and 16Gb/s Fibre Channel throughput with features that greatly enhance workflow processes, allowing users to handle the ever-increasing digital footprint seen in such applications as 4K video editing, oil and gas exploration, scientific and medical research and complex databases. With Ports On Demand, scalable from 12 to 24-ports, the 1600 series enables organizations to grow their storage networks when necessary in a non-disruptive manner.
- Complete SAN solution when combined with ATTO`s 16Gb/s Celerity Fibre Channel HBAs
- Provides an affordable foundation for small to mid-range SANs
- Delivers full 16Gb/s, 1:1 performance for up to 24 ports in a 1U form factor
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” Ports On Demand scalability from 12 to 24 ports
- Includes one SFP for each active port, ear mount kit and 1-year standard product warranty
- Web Tools interface simplifies configuration and management
- Quick Start Guide and EZSwitchSetup wizard provides easy set for Mac, Windows and Linux connectivity.
- Dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)-enabled gateway
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 2, 4, 8, and 16Gb/s capabilities
- Proven ATTO and Brocade interoperability with leading video and IT infrastructure vendors
- Low power consumption
- Max fabric latency: 700 ns; Forward Error Correction (FEC) adds 400 ns between E_Ports (enabled by default).
- Aggregate bandwidth: 384 Gbps end-to-end (24 ports)
- ISL Trunking options: Exchanged-based trunking is standard with no limit to how many trunk groups can be configured. Frame-based trunking is an optional upgrade with up to eight 16Gb/s ports per ISL trunk.
- Port Speeds: Auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16Gb/s; optionally programmable to fixed port speed; speed matching between 2, 4 and 8Fb/s.
- Single FOS fabric: 56 domains, 19 hops
- Switch mode (default): 12-, and 24-port configurations (12-port increments through Ports On Demand licenses); universal (E, F, M, D) ports
- Port Types: D_Port (Diagnostic Port), E_Port, F_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port); self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); optional Access Gateway ports mode: F_Port and NPIV-enabled N_Port
- Power Supply: Single hot-swappable power supply with integrated system cooling fans. Optional dual redundant hot-swappable power supply.