ATTO XstreamCORE Storage Controllers enable storage architects to build modular storage solutions with servers running software defined storage software and JBOD, JBOF or RAID Storage. Optimized to take advantage of flash capabilities, XstreamCORE enables sharing of storage while adding under 4 microseconds of latency. Engineered with an open design, XstreamCORE Storage Controllers are storage-independent devices that provide a common set of services and features to storage and offload functions from server CPU, memory, networks and storage fabrics enabling a wide range of use cases while reducing resource utilization and increasing overall performance.
XstreamCORE enables a common set of services and features with extremely low latency and industry leading performance for storage. Engineered with an open design without altering the data path ATTO Storage Controllers keep overall storage solutions flexible without locking users into proprietary hardware implementations. The ATTO Storage Controller is a modular building block with technology that allows SysAdmins to reduce resource load while decoupling storage from server resources. This allows the scale-up of storage utilizing the same server resources or scale-out of servers without tying one technology to the other.
The XstreamCORE 7500 achieves up to 1.47M 4K IOPS or 6.4GB/s throughput with only 4 microseconds of added latency. XstreamCORE supports Extended Copy (LID1) data mover commands and will offload up to 5.2GB/s of data from CPU, memory, networks and storage fabrics leaving more resources for VMs and applications running on the host. Build solutions with up to 240 SSD/HDDs behind a pair of controllers and better manage, monitor and utilize this storage with current and future features built into XstreamCORE.
ATTO XstreamCORE Storage Controllers can be tuned for various applications that require common features and services for storage. Contact us to discuss development or co-development of services and features to tightly integrate with your solution.
- XstreamCORE enables several different use cases to off-load host CPU and memory resources and storage fabric and network bandwidth from data moving responsibilities, XstreamCORE can offload up to 5.2GB/s of data from CPU and network infrastructures. This can integrate with tiering software so the Storage Controller handles the movement of data from tier to tier.
- ATTO Storage Controllers enable long distance connectivity for business continuity solutions such as a stretch cluster, campus cluster or metropolitan cluster. Write data synchronously or asynchronously at multiple sites to avoid downtime, disaster or being out of touch with your data.
- Operating systems automatically leverage hardware data mover functionality featured in the ATTO Storage Controller. XstreamCORE is certified with VMware vSphere and VAAI to offload data movement between storage. ATTO Storage Controllers is also the only product that enables XCOPY data movement between RAID Arrays from any manufacturer.
- XstreamCORE lets storage architects convert direct attached storage to shared storage while maintaining data without data migration. This can turn existing direct attached RAID Arrays into shared storage to improve completion time of live migrations such as VMware vMotion from hours down to minutes.
- XstreamCORE lets organizations repurpose existing storage and keep using it on a SAN when they replace existing storage.
- XstreamCORE can be used to share SSDs as cache with application that allow SysAdmins to assign cache. Use 16Gb Fibre Channel to share a pool of SSDs across multiple servers without requiring multiple shelves of SSD per server.
- XstreamCORE Storage Controllers are also available in embeddable form factors that can be integrated with storage enclosures, servers or appliances to round out a solution set.
- xCORE™ Acceleration Technology to eliminate bottlenecks
- xCORE™ Control Engine adds common, open storage services
- Up to 6400MB/s sustained transfer rate
- Up to 1.47M 4K IOPS per controller pair
- 4 microsecond end-to-end latency
- Supports up to 240 drives using JBOD/JBOF enclosures
- Supports SAS and SATA flash solid state disk drives (SSD)
- Supports SAS and SATA hard disk drives
- Supports RAID arrays (Multiple LUNs behind a target)
- VMware Ready with VAAI certification
- Multi-initiator access for all attached storage
- Support for Extended Copy (LID1) to offload CPU, memory and storage fabrics
- Host LUN Mapping initiator to LUN mapping
- Drive Map Director™ patented SAS device mapping
- ExpressNAV™ Storage Manager for easy remote configuration, management and diagnostic capabilities
- Built in temperature monitoring
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies
- SNMP and SNMP MIB support
- 2 year standard product warranty
- Optional 5 year total warranty and advanced replacement available
- Top-of-rack controller
- No batteries
- Two 16Gb/s Fibre Channel ports
- Auto negotiates to 16Gb, 8Gb or 4Gb Fibre Channel
- Includes two optical 16Gb/s LC SFP+ modules
- Four x4 12Gb/s Mini-SAS HD connectors (16 phys)
- Supports SAS processor devices
- Statistic Reporting for SAS and Fibre Channel ports
- RoHS Compliant
- Advanced integration available for OEM applications
- XStreamCORE uses ATTO patented technology (US Patents #US7836225B2, US8291132B2, US7788324B2, US8504770B2)